Charger Operating Instructions:
- Ensure the charger power cable is plugged securely into the charger (models with a removable cord).
- Ensure that the positive and negative charger leads are not near each other and plug charger directly into a functional wall socket.
Note: Do not plug the charger into power strips, extension cords, or surge protectors as they may interfere with the charger's ability to deliver a full charge cycle.
- LED will be Green. This indicates that the charger has power.
Note: If the LED is red, flashing, flickering or not on at all, discontinue use and contact Dakota Lithium Support.
- Clip charger leads to the battery terminals. Red to red (+) and black to black (-). Or connect the SB50 connector if so equipped.
Note: Avoid allowing the charger leads to make contact with each other. This may permanently damage the charger.
- LED will turn red on charger, indicating that charger is delivering power to the battery.
Note: If the LED does not turn red once clipped to the battery, use a DC voltmeter to check the output voltage of the charger and battery. If the voltage reading is below the charger specification, contact Dakota Lithium Support.
- The LED will turn green when the battery is fully charged. You can now disconnect the charger from the battery.
Note: Do not leave the charger on fully charged battery for longer than 16-24 hours.
- Unplug the charger from the wall and store in a safe area.
Information provided by Dakota Lithium