How do I justify the bigger investment of a lithium battery?
The Safari UT 1300 BT is the latest in Lithium Battery technology. It replaces traditional deep cycle lead acid batteries with the safest and longest lasting Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries. It has 1344Wh, 105Ah and 12.8V all at only 23 lbs. And it comes with a limited lifetime warranty. It's redefining the battery industry!
Made from the safest, highest grade lithium iron phosphate, this battery outperforms the rest and replaces lead acid batteries for energy storage and for auxiliary power. Enjoy all these great benefits over lead acid:
- Last Longer – Limited lifetime warranty.
- Maintenance Free – Retains charge up to 2 years, no trickle charging or fluids needed.
- Fast Charging and Lightweight – 15% faster charging with smart Battery Management System (BMS) and only 23 lbs.
- Longer Run Time – Camp twice as long on single charge with 105Ah of LiFePO4 technology.
- Bluetooth® Compatible – Monitor your battery usage from the convenience of your mobile device.
Note: This battery is not designed for engine starting applications.
- Connect to the UT 1300 BT from a distance through your mobile device.
- Monitor current energy capacity.
- See incoming and outgoing energy usage in real time.
The UT 1300 BT 12V lithium battery comes with a limited lifetime warranty and is the last battery you'll probably ever need. Using Lithium Iron Phosphate technology, it can be drained and recharge over 3,500 times, years and years longer than lead acid batteries.
At only 23 lbs, and a standard group 24 size (small footprint), the UT 1300 BT is about 1/2 the weight of traditional batteries yet exceptionally powerful.
Made from Lithium Iron Phosphate, it's the safest lithium battery on the market. You can use it indoors or outdoors. It doesn't use potentially volatile chemistries.
Long lasting life cycles at 3,500+ using full depth of discharge (DOD) and still has power to spare. It can hold a charge for up to 2 years.
Renewable Solar Batteries
Use the power of the sun to fully recharge the UT 1300 BT in as little as 7 hrs. That way you can stay as long as you want.
Camp 2X As Long
Standard lead acid batteries give you 50% usable energy of the Ah rating. The Safari UT 1300 BT gives you 100% usage of all 105Ah. You'll be able to go camping twice as long on a single charge as lead acid.
Expandable for More Power
One Lion Safari UT 1300 BT has 150A continuously and a 900A peak discharge. If you need more, they can be connected in parallel or in series to get even energy storage and more power.
No acid or water. No trickle charging. No mess. The UT 1300 BT just works, day in and day out.
The UT 1300 BT produces zero emissions or carbon footprint during use, emits no greenhouse gases, and does not damage the environment. It's good for you and the planet.
Battery Management System (BMS)
The Safari UT series all have an internal Battery Management System (BMS) that acts as a safety net to shut down the battery if it out of parameters. This prevents the battery from overcharging or discharging as well as operating outside of the temperature range.
How the Safari UT 1300 BT stacks up to others:
- The UT 1300 BT is the lightest Lithium Iron Phosphate battery in its class by more than a bunch. This make a HUGE difference when you're looking at overall weight capacity for your RV, Trailer, or outdoor rig.
- Because we use prismatic cells vs cylindrical cells, we can pack more power in a smaller unit.
- The UT 1300 BT has a limited lifetime warranty. It may be the last battery you'll ever buy. Everyone else offers only a 3 to 11 years warranty and are often prorated.
Winter usage tips:
- The UT lithium battery series performs better than lead acid batteries in most weather conditions. It can charge between temps of 32° and 113°F and can discharge between -4° and 131°F at 100% rate.
- ALL types of batteries need to be above freezing in order to charge them. As a result, it is best to use the batteries in a climate controlled location (not on the tongue of a trailer or using a lead acid battery compartment that has to be ventilated, thus allowing freezing air to circulate around the battery).
- The Safari UT and other lithium batteries can be placed in an insulated space, inside the RV or other climate controlled areas. Some users have suggested using a Battery Heating Pad that you can find online. We recommend using the battery in a climate controlled location.
- If you need a heating element to keep the battery above freezing, click here for options.
- First Factor – Size - Our Safari UT 1300 BT lithium iron phosphate 105 Ah/1344Wh/100A battery, is a stanard 24 size, smaller than typical group 27 or 31 AGM / lead acid. This means that you may be able to fit an extra battery in your battery box!
- Second Factor - Weight - traditional lead acid batteries often weigh more than 50lbs. Our lithium batteries weigh 23 lbs. or less. When you travel or have to lift the battery, that extra weight makes a big difference.
- Third Factor- Usage - With the UT 1300 BT you camp 2x longer than using lead acid batteries because you can use all the energy stored in our battery compared to only being able to use about 50% in a lead acid battery. You can also use the UT 1300 BT on its side, end, or even upside down because there's no acid to worry about spilling out or emitthing toxic fumes. So, one lithium battery is basically equal to two AGM/lead acid batteries as far as everyday usage. The average price for two AGM/lead acid batteries is going to be about $500 to $600 and they don't last nearly as long so you'll have to replace them every 3-5 years. For example, an AGM/lead acid battery is limited to 200 -500 times, depending on how well it is taken care of and regulary maintained. Our LifePO4 batteries have 3500+ cycles. That is approximately 8X the life cycles. Considering these 2 factors – being able to run them 2X longer, and the fact that they have 8X more life cycles - our UT1300 BT is equal to nearly 16 AGM/lead acid batteries.
- Fourth Factor - Warranty - The average warranty for AGM/lead acid Batteries is 3-5 years. Even then, if it needs to be returned, it is a prorated refund. Our Lion Safari UT 1300 BT has a limited Lifetime Warranty. This means that once you buy one of our batteries, you're set for life. So, with a smaller size, lighter weight, longer usage, and a lifetime warranty, the Lion UT 1300 BT lithium battery is an exceptional value.
Bundle with a Lion Energy Battery Charger
Purchase a Lion Safari UT 1300 BT with a Lion Battery Charger (45A) and save $20. Click the link to view charger details.
|Dimensions(LxWxH)||10.2"x6.2"x8.8" (Battery Posts add 1" Height)|
|Battery Capacity||105Ah / 1344Wh|
|Battery Output||150 Amps Continuous|
|Battery Chemistry||Prismatic Cell LiFePO4|
|Life Cycles||3,500+ at 100% Depth of Discharge (DOD)|
|Charge Retention||Up to 2 Years|
|Operating Temp||-4°F to 131°F|
|Charging||32°F to 113°F|
|Series Connections||Up to 4 (48V max)|
|Charging Voltage||13.9V - 14.6V|
Lion Safari UT 1300 BT 12V Deep Cycle Lithium Battery with Bluetooth (105Ah) - 50170143 / 50170171 | Lion Energy Battery
Warranty InformationLimited Lifetime Warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Safari UT 1300 Lithium Battery Product Deep Dive
The Lion Energy Safari UT 1300 is a multi-use 12V 105Ah Lithiu...
How to connect batteries in parallel | Lion Energy Safari UT
Find out how to connect batteries in parallel with the Lion En...
How to connect batteries in series | Lion Energy Safari UT
Watch our video to find out how to connect the Lion Energy Saf...