With Bluetooth built-in, the BMV-712 Smart is ready for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. With Bluetooth being
implemented in most other Victron Energy products, wireless communication between products will simplify
system installation and enhance performance.
- Battery voltage
- Current (amps)
- Power (watts)
- Amp-hours consumed
- State of charge
- Remaining time at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarms.
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed.
- Additional input which can be programmed to measure the voltage (of a second battery), battery temperature or midpoint voltage (see below).
- Standard 500 amp quick connect shunt and connection kit is included. Optional shunts are available for capability up to 10,000 amps.
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 6.5V – 70V
- High current measurement resolution: 10mA (.01A)
- Additional input to measure voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage, and
corresponding alarm and relay settings
Easy to Install
All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the
monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m);
no other components needed. Also included are a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance, a securing ring for rear mounting and screws for front mounting.
Midpoint Voltage Monitoring
One bad cell or one bad battery can destroy a large, expensive battery bank. When batteries are connected in
series, a timely warning can be generated by measuring the midpoint voltage. Please see the BMV manual for more information.
Very Low Current Draw
Current consumption of only .7Ah per month (1mA) @12V and .6Ah per month (.8mA) @ 24V.
Especially Li-ion batteries have virtually no capacity left when discharged until low voltage shutdown.
After shutdown due to low cell voltage, the capacity reserve of a Li-ion battery is approximately 1Ah per
100Ah battery capacity. The battery will be damaged if the remaining capacity reserve is drawn from the
battery. A residual current of 10mA for example may damage a 200Ah battery if the system is left in
discharged state during more than 8 days.
- BMV 712
- 500A quick connect shunt
- RJ12 cable (10m)
- Battery cable with fuse (2m)
- Bezel for a square or round display appearance
- Securing ring for the rear mounting and screws for the front mounting.
- Input voltage range: 6.5V - 70V
- Current consumption: <1mA
- Mounting hole size: 2 inch (52mm)
Use the Victron Connect app via a smartphone or other Bluetooth enabled device to customize settings, monitor all important data on single screen, view historical data and update the software when new features become available.